1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 15 day 15

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by blake, Jul 27, 2014.

1. blake

blake Well known member

Hello,

Day 15 of the program asks us to talk about any changes in the pain. Although I no longer spend much time or energy thinking about the physical pain these days (what a relief that is!), I can say this: it is changing and moving around a bit. I get this tightness in my lower back now, which I never had before (I have a neck problem) and my neck pain is more steady, but a lot milder too.

I was so relieved to find out I had tms. Three physiotherapists were not able to understand how the osteoarthritis in my neck was causing this amount of pain, which would just come back again and again. Deep down I knew there was a psychological component to it. I was so happy to learn about tms and a little disappointed that in 5 years, none of the professionals who treated me knew about it. Oh well, that's how it goes, I guess. I'm glad there are people put there getting the word out.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes I am so happy for you blake, a great way to look at all you have now, the truth. Listen anytime we fear or focus on any part of the body we will always feed any pain that's left so always focus on the emotions and think psychological on your emotions ok. Bless you -- keep us up to date, your doing awesome.

blake likes this.