1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 15

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by CMA, Feb 20, 2013.

1. CMA

CMA Peer Supporter

Question To Ponder​

During the past two weeks has your pain been moving around? How has this affected your belief in the diagnosis? If you feel comfortable sharing, then post your response in a thread in our Structured Program forum. We would love to hear from you.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I have noticed in the past two weeks that my foot pain has moved around from heels, to the ball of the foot to achilles tendon, to ankles. Additionally I am experiencing anxiety and mini panic attacks which I am now convinced is all TMS. The pain moving around in my foot parts that is still allowing me to walk a couple of miles everyday with some pain and discomfort and lots of anxiety is reassuring me that it is nothing and only TMS. I am now able to relate lots of anxiety and pain as a result of that prior to walking/getting in the shower/getting out of bed as that is the time when I have always worried, felt foot pain the most.

2. gailnyc

gailnyc Well known member

I can relate. I used to feel so much pain in the ball of my foot when I got in the shower. But about 4 weeks ago I started telling myself it was "fake pain." There was absolutely no reason for it. Now I am walking around barefoot in my house, not feeling any pain.

I've also noticed that when I get home, even when I still have my sneakers on I feel less pain. I must be subconsciously anxious when I am at work, constantly anticipating pain at every moment. When I get home that goes away. I have been working lately at relaxing into my pain at work rather than tensing into it. I need to also remind myself that it is "fake," just like my ball-of-foot pain. But somehow it's harder to convince myself about the top-of-foot pain.