1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 15 Day 15 - walking in a restaurant with less PAIN!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ruth_L, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Ruth_L

Ruth_L Peer Supporter

No one responded to Day 14 - yeah I know, lots of scary anger in that one! I can't blame you guys!! Haha!

I've had 3 pepsi's today in a restaurant so I am kind of caffeinated and really really happy, heh, I know I'm sensitive to pepsi/coca cola/caffeine so I do not drink it often but I made an exception today.

Anyway, so I notice when I walked to the bathroom, whoa, way less pain! Still some, and of course I wanted to add of course to that, but that is my unconscious brain expecting pain, so that was why I wanted to add of course.

So the last time I walked to the bathroom in this restaurant was when I first started getting into TMS stuff, I think around Thanksgiving. And it was horrible then. I was walking around with my DH and a friend in SF as well, and it was terrible, horrible, but I knew then that I had been suffering with TMS for literally 15+ years. That was really just the beginning of my journey. My DH and friend kept trying to tell me "you're just having a TMS attack" when it hurt so bad to walk. I knew they were right but gosh, it was killing me with pain.

Fast forward to today. I walked to the bathroom without much pain. I had trepidition on the way like the pain is going to begin any second and I'll be limping with pain but, to my chagrin, and to my happiness and exitement, it did not happen. I had some pain, just not the killing pain I've had.

And as I posted before, I've been dancing every day. It's been great!

2. Ruth_L

Ruth_L Peer Supporter

Wanted to just post that I danced with Zumba World Party with my DH for 55 mins & minus 539 calories tonight! No pain after! I am feeling some pain right now but it's fantastic!

Dahlia likes this.
  3. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Hey Ruth! Congratulations on the amount of time dancing and being able to be in the restaurant without pain. You're paving the way for me. I'm already noticing that I'm stressing about a New Years Day party tomorrow - worrying whether the pain is going to distract me. And tomorrow ain't even here yet. Oh that sneaky TMS!!

4. Sanghagirl82

Sanghagirl82 Peer Supporter

Congratulations on your recovery so far. You sound encouraged and you have insight when your brain is trying to lead you astray. I look forward to those days ahead.