1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

New Program Day 15 Overcoming Conditioned Responses

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DontStopBelieving, Aug 2, 2017.

1. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

It is so nice when you feel so sure of yourself and everything seems so much easier. I'm now almost completely over the anxiety experience from last week and can see it all crystal clear, what happened, why it happened. Going through today's program, I realised how much fear I carry around with me. Conditioned by experiences in the past that accumulate step by step while I go through similar situations until the emotional storm hits. I must say that I also started taking a natural remedy for anxiety and low mood: st john's wort capsules. Honestly, it is hard to say if it is placebo, me understanding the situation or the capsules. In any case, I'm feeling better. Maybe it is also the fact that as more episodes happen, the turnaround is shorter because I kept doing the work, journaling, reading, yoga, even though I think I over did it and didn't allow myself a break now and then. That's why I decided to slow down with it a little bit as well. Do more fun stuff like zumba, swimming, reading, dancing when no one is looking :)