1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15 my movingpain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Saoirse, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Saoirse

Saoirse Peer Supporter

Oh yes I have a pain that likes to move, its on the go playing pass the parcel with pain and discomfort . Par of this passing of pain is also passing of other things like IBS, increase of Anxiety, psoriasis,asthma and a massive pain in the chest. its quiet a collaboration. It can totally piss you off if you dont stop and take control of the fear and remind yourself its TMS and this is the strategy that TMS rolls out to use anything to keep your focus on anything but your emotions. I find when I check into my body at these times I can immediately feel the physical tension and stress, I am hunched up muscles tightened ,breathing a bit more shallow and my mind can become obsessed with my complaints if allowed to continue at its own discretion. It makes me annoyed with my mind for taking control of my life and hijacking my body to serve the minds needs but I know its doing what it thinks is the best thing to do to protect me and I am working on compassion for myself and to cut myself a break to allow myself to feel whats going on inside and that the hard part my emotions have benn vacum packed for so many years its a journey to learn to get in touch with them, to feel them and experience them move through me and hopefully to move on. God knows we all deserve to live a better life than this.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Saoirse. I hope you use positive visualization when you're in pain. Think of happy times and the fun things you did with your best friends. It can drive away fear that the pain will never go away.

As for God, I looked at my severe back pain as a gift. It led me learn about TMS and has taken me on a journey to understand myself better. I've decided I am a much better guy than I thought I was.

3. Saoirse

Saoirse Peer Supporter

Thanks Walt I can't imagine seeing the pain as anything but just that a pain but I live in hope.I have not visualised during the day , I sometines do it as a meditation. But to do it when the pain is bad is certainly something I will try. I have never used my own happy times even mediating so I will work out how to do that as I have lots with my husband, dogs, Mam and nephews. Watch this space.