1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15. Is your pain moving around? Mine sure does. Bring it on!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by TG957, Mar 24, 2016.

1. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

It sure does, which only affirms to me that what I have is TMS. My original symptoms are in hands. Phantom pains appear in arms, knees, feet. I know they are outburst of TMS and that's what I tell my brain, calling the bluff, but rather politely. After all, it is my brain, I'd better be nice to it!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, TG. It's very common for TMS pain to move around. It usually means that you are progressing in discovering the emotional causes of your pain and that your subconscious wants you to find more, so it sends pain to new places. Keep journaling but don't spend more than half an hour or at most an hour each day on it or it might be too much. Find ways to lift your spirits.

Have a Happy Easter!

3. TG957

Yes! Thank you so much for encouragement and happy, pain-free Easter to you!

4. Thaxter

Thaxter New Member

Mine sure does. First it was my back. Thought I had cured that in December reading Dr. Sarno. Then it was my right hand and wrist. A few days later, my LEFT hand and arm and shoulder. Then today, it traveled back to my lower back. My body sure likes to keep me on my toes! But it's my emotions that are doing this. My repressed emotions. And my body is telling me that it desperately wants me to acknowledge those emotions I keep avoiding. So, it's onward to more journaling and discovery and healing. :) And I try to remember to just ignore the pain for now, because by now, I know it will migrate until I can get so used to "thinking psychologically" that it gives up. :)

5. TG957

Yes. But "thinking psychologically" is tough!

6. Thaxter

Thaxter New Member

I agree. In doing this program, the journaling is making me think more about my emotions. And that has a healing effect, even when I'm not journaling. I'm surprised by the effect so far. I am more accepting and know that bad days will pass. Writing in a journal forces me to commune with myself -- something I didn't think I'd even like! :) I think writing to myself thus far has been a key way to think psychological when I otherwise don't know how.