1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 14 day 14

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dannyp, Aug 22, 2014.

1. dannyp

dannyp New Member

question to ponder was to share about symptoms moving around. yes i have noticed that and its like my mind knows im getting close to figure things out so it must try different things to keep me pre-occupied, i take it as a sign tht im going in the right direction, healing. i also find that my mind constantly will go back to the pain that has caused me the most trouble in the past, my lower back. thats where it is today and it seems stronger now after journalling about my father, who is source of much of my anxiety. staying on the path and will continue to battle.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, dannp.

You've got it right. Renewed or more intense back pain is expected after journaling about your father. It will ease up or go away
    after a while, when thinking less about your father and the anxiety he caused you. You may not yet have reached the point
    of forgiving him. That is essential. You reach that by better understanding... put yourself in his shoes to learn why he caused
    you anxiety and anger. He probably had his own problems that gave him TMS and he just took them out on you. Once I
    realized the TMS stresses my father (and mother) were under, I came to forgive them. Then we can move on.
    Once we've journaled about our anxieties and anger, we can put all that to rest. We've brought our repressed emotions to
    the surface and forgave. Then we can go on to enjoy a happy, healthy life. Go for it!