1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 14: Question All Pain!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ami, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Ami

Ami Peer Supporter

Today's lesson includes this helpful note: "Hopefully you've begun to gain insight into the causes of your chronic symptoms. Begin to take the steps needed to no longer be afraid of your symptoms, but to instead see them as a sign that you need to examine your emotional state. Remember that you have the power to heal yourself and overcome TMS."

Well - yes, I am in fact beginning to question all pain, not just the initial neuralgia that brought me here. What a sneaky strategy of my unconscious mind to now be substituting itches, nervous twitches, and hip pain when I am not watching vigilantly! I am now on high alert to any physical pain, and talking very sternly to my unconscious to "Stop that right now!" Is this what training a puppy is like?

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Yeah, it is pretty similar to training a puppy :p. It is always challenging to think psychological at first and to learn how to change the way you view your symptoms. Of course, the more you try to do it, the more successful you become.