1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 13 Most helpful book or article so far

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Marian, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Marian

Marian Peer Supporter

Rachel's homage to Dr. Sarno She helped me by describing her suggestibility, which seems to be a thing with TMS sufferers. I had noticed that someone could have a symptom and simply by my thinking or reading about that person, I'd begin to have it as well. This was mystifying and upsetting to me, until I learned that it's a common occurrence fueled by constant anxiety and repressed emotions.

Steve O's book, The Great Pain Deception is also helping me a great deal. I am taking my time working through it. It is incredibly encouraging but sometimes I respond to his intensity with my own nervous intensity and start to flare up.

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

I think this is due to hypersensitivity. Some of us are just more sensitive to everything. It probably means you are more sensitive to others feelings and a more empathic person - so it does have its upsides too!

3. Marian

Marian Peer Supporter

Yes indeed. Hypersensitivity is probably a better way to describe it! And yeah, it does have its upsides, you're right about that. But right now, ouch.