1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 13 - Kristina

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by kkcarlton, Jul 11, 2017.

1. kkcarlton

kkcarlton Peer Supporter

What TMS-related book, article, or news story have you found the most helpful in solidifying your belief in the diagnosis?

I found "The Great Pain Deception" very helpful for various reasons. It mentions potassium deficiency as a diagnosis that is usually not true. It is only mentioned once but when I read it I felt like God wanted me to see that specifically because all along I have been thinking that potassium deficiency might be causing pain.

I also like the fact that the author talks about so many other illnesses that are most likely due to TMS. Over the years I was diagnosed with a lot of things. Most of those I have overcome but some are lingering. Reading this book gave me hope that those are "just" due to TMS.

2. srton

srton Well known member

I know what you mean about other symptoms that may be "just" TMS. Thank you for bringing this up.

I'm doing the SEP for leg pain (this is my 2nd time - first time I succesfully treated shoulder/neck and lower back pain) and I'm shocked and so so happy that this is a solution for my ongoing eczema on my hands as well.

What a wonderful "side effect" of the program.

It also helped me realize that my hand rash first started up during a time when I had many difficult stressors and triggers - so the fact that it is TMS shouldn't be realy that shocking to me.