1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 12 thank you

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ithantech, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Ithantech

Ithantech Peer Supporter

Wow, Day 12 packs in a lot of content! And reinforces my appreciation for this amazing program. Thank you to the TMS folks who have organized and created this structured education program.

Day 12 also demonstrated how my own journey is tracking with the content. Coming into today, I felt a need to turn positive. Sure enough, the reading talked about creating "clean thinking" and the question to ponder focused on happy memories from childhood.

An adage I remember is that the best way to break a habit or negative thought pattern is to replace it with a better habit or thought pattern, rather than simply try to eliminate or stifle.

I feel like today's exercise helped me see how that fits in with recovery.