1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

day 12 : my personality traits

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by karinabrown, Mar 8, 2016.

1. karinabrown

karinabrown Well known member

day 12 :
    writing about one aspect of my personality and how it is effecting my life..
    well i picked the fact that I am a worrier: I worry a lot ..
    so before an event takes place i go over in my mind, making up scenarios
    when I thougt about this today i also must admit that sounds also like : having fear
    and wanting to control things..(controlfreak)
    this worrying is not helping at all : it costs a lot of energy and it is useless because
    most of the time things do not go in the way i feared of thougt of.

now with this program and my pain it is also a negative trait
    start to go for short walks ..wich i fear because of my footpain..and so far
    i had a couple of reasonable good ones and some lesser ones
    now the day i go for that walk : i am thinking about them when i come out of bed
    wich i notice : and do not want to think that way : but i happens..try hard not too
    so this "outcome indepence" idea is new to me but also a huge challence
    not to worry and better yet : not to care
    try hard!..but is it possible to beat your personality? would you want to? would you have to?

Karina

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Karina.

Don't let worry get to you. It's another word for fear and both should be deleted from our mental dictionary.

Here are some related quotes from some famous people. They could not have said such things without having had experienced some emotional and physical pain, without knowing it came from TMS repressed emotions:

Joan Rivers: “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is God’s gift, that’s why they call it the present.”

Oprah Winfrey: “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure. Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.”

Oprah Winfrey: “The thing you fear most has no power. Your fear of it is what has the power.”

Jake Gyllenhaal: “Do you know what fear stands for? False Evidence Appearing Real.”

Halle Berry: “Don’t take yourself too seriously. Know when to laugh at yourself, and find a way to laugh at obstacles what inevitably present themselves.”

Milton Berle -- “Laughter is an instant vacation.”

3. karinabrown

Hi walt,

Refreshing! I like them! and can relate to the
    humor part..laugh at my own crazyness from time to time..
    Wich is far better than fear

4. karinabrown

How do you handle fear Walt? Also humor..are you done with fear ?