1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 11

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by debbi1955, May 16, 2014.

1. debbi1955

debbi1955 Peer Supporter

The work today asks for comments on comparison of my experience to that of Armchair Linguist. This line most caught my attention: 'My pain started to jump around a lot to silly places that had never hurt before, which was pretty darn convincing.' I started with back pain, then got neck pain that I had never had before. That cleared up, but yesterday and today I've been having pain in a spot where I had minor surgery in 1989 - 25 years ago! After thinking about it, I realized that a lot of the old stressful situations and emotions that I've been journaling about have ties to that time in my life, so it makes sense that my mind would pick a pain that corresponds to one I legitimately felt at that time. Kind of like a physical memory. Just sitting here writing about this connection, the throbbing pain stopped. I'm amazed at how often that is happening - that while I'm revealing myself in posts here, the pain I'm experiencing vanishes.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I love that, while you are putting it all together you begin to feel better. That is success for sure - awesome. I have been better for some time now but I still stay fine tuned with my lessons I tell and learn here at tmswiki.
    With my morning walk this morning I felt some pain in the inside front of my foot. It felt like the pain you get when you have twisted your foot or something ya know. I knew my foot was fine so I just told it to stop in my mind and ignored it. A second later the pain went away, tms still tries to catch me two years later and that's fine cause I know what to do to stop it. I had tms for 25 years so I don't study if those occurrences happen, just move on -- keep walking and smile, paying no attention to the structural thoughts. Isn't it just beautiful.:)