1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 11 Day 11

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by nowtimecoach, Oct 22, 2013.

1. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Arghghgh! I'm not having a good day and having a very hard time ignoring my pain! I related to this part of the day 11 post from armchair. It is about facing up to my low self-esteem, its origins and the behaviors I've created. I feel like the uptick in pain is a result of opening this can of worms, even though i thought I had dealt with so much of it before in my life. I remembered reading that we don't have to "fix" these problems but just be AWARE that they are trigger thoughts for distraction. Just saying that makes me feel a bit weepy. Feelings are good, right? Right?? :eek:
    Facing up to my low self-esteem, its origins, and the behaviors I've created to cope with it is hard.
    But it's way better than being a captive to the gremlin. :)

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is just a small set-back nowtimecoach-
    make sure to keep doing the program and keep your head up.

This pain will pass soon. Its like 3 steps forward and two steps back-
    when we begin to heal.

You are in the healing process for sure.
    The tms coming back to visit sometimes is part of the recovery.
    Stay strong and stay course.
    Bless you

3. nowtimecoach

Thanks Herbie. I really appreciate your support and everyone else's too!'

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks nowtimecoach, often we think a setback is bad. We must not be doing something right, when in all reality-
    we've been doing great. So good as a matter of fact that the tms will think the pain will depress us -
    and Set us back. This is part of the covert affair of tms, just when your doing really great you have this sudden attack of pain.
    Be proud with joy when this happens cause it shows how much you really are winning. You are reconditioning your sub-conscious now.
    So whatever you do keep staying in the path your on.
    Bless you

5. nowtimecoach

I love your enthusiasm Herbie!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.