1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 11

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by cookieheals, Mar 28, 2021.

1. cookieheals

cookieheals Well known member

Hey guys,

The last time I worked out was last Friday. I have no fear about the specific workout I am doing. I also went windsurfing last Thursday. I got flare ups after that- that was terrifying, but I pushed through. This conditioning thing is crazy. It's crazy that a person can get such debilitating symptoms out of conditioning- any literature to read more on this? Currently doing the Multimedia recovery program. Want to dance again, did so maybe two weeks ago but had a huge flare up- want to start running again. Scared of both, but growing in faith in my strength. Dealing with TMS feels like literally facing fear and demanding that I am bigger than it, and it must bow down. Getting better at this but this conditioning thing is scary- would appreciate literature, links, etc.

Balsa11 likes this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Cookie,
    I can't think of a specific resource on conditioning, but it does get discussed a lot on the Forum. I just put "conditioning" in the search bar and many threads came up.

Conditioning played a big part in my migraines, in that whenever the barometric pressure changed, I'd get a migraine. I knew from doing research that this is no logical reason for a headache. I just kept telling myself that, and eventually, it seemed to seep into my unconscious and the conditioned response stopped occurring.

Balsa11 likes this.
  3. cookieheals

Thanks Ellen- I'll look at the resources in regards to that. The logic I use seems logical; exercise equals pain, or walking means pain, so that makes it a little harder to break, but perhaps there's something in the conditioning threads that says something about that- a way to make me think that there is no logic

Balsa11 likes this.
  4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I think it comes down to solidifying your belief that your symptoms are TMS and not due to some physical/structural cause. If your symptoms have a psychological cause, then it is not logical that exercise would trigger them. For me, reading books, listening to podcasts, and reading Success Stories all helped to solidify my belief in TMS.

Wishing you the best in your recovery......

Balsa11 likes this.
  5. cookieheals

Thanks Ellen. Definitely faith makes us well.