1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 11 - still not out the woods

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ThatBookBlewMyMind, Apr 17, 2017.

1. ThatBookBlewMyMind

ThatBookBlewMyMind New Member

Its felt like 2 steps forward 1 step back. I do still feel symptoms but i am doing all physical activity again. Going to be going for third swim today.

I wanted to stretch my hamstrings so i have been doing that but it might be to much a specific stretch for my issue and perhaps its making the issue stick around.

I have a boat load of issues from the past to go over i have found. Seems i might have some abandonment issues probably coming from parents divorce when i was a child.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi. It's great that you are swimming and resumed physical activity. Be careful of stretching hamstrings. Maybe look at some Youtube videos to be sure you're doing it right.

I had no idea I was repressing abandonment emotions from my parents' divorce when I was 7, but I believe that in SEProgram journaling it was one of the main reasons for my TMS back pain.

ThatBookBlewMyMind likes this.
  3. ThatBookBlewMyMind

wow my parents divorced when i was 7 also, yeah i think i have abandonment issues because of this. How did you work out you had abandonment issues? how did you deal with it?

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I did some journaling to remind myself that my parents divorced for financial reasons (the Great 1930s Depression, you know). It helped me to forgive them.

ThatBookBlewMyMind likes this.
  5. ThatBookBlewMyMind

ok great so im going to research what abandonment issues mean and im going to work on forgiving parents. I just wrote 13 potential ways in which i have felt abandoned as a youngster.