1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 100 - awesome news

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Stella, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Stella

Stella Well known member

Now that I have your attention.
    I have had a super incredible experience. I am so very excited. I went to see a new Internal Medicine doctor for the 2nd time. Our first meeting several months ago resulted in her giving me some awesome advice about my health and meditation. Yesterday, I held her hands and thanked her. I told my story with tears running down my cheeks. She has tears too. I told her how significantly my health has improved. She kissed my hand. My husband said that is a sign of great respect. It was so neat. How lucky am I?

During this meeting yesterday I asked her if she would consider being a Mind Body Doctor. There are none in Kansas City. She said yes, she would consider this. She said she very much believes the mind has tremendous impact on the body.

Normally I am so intimated by anybody in authority but I did it. I asked her. As Dr. David Clarke says "The journey occurs when pride at having survived replaces shame and regret".

So I have been sending her stuff. It is so exciting.

Sandy

Jilly and veronica73 like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Very exciting. Glad this gave you such a boost of spirit.

3. Ami

Ami Peer Supporter

Way to go Sandy! You deserve respect and acknowledgement for your commitment and courage.

Similarly, I told my family doctor about TMS in October, and she wrote down Dr. Sarno's book. I thought she understood why I was off all meds and my new-found understanding that the nature of the TMS-neuralgia symptoms was my mind-body/psychosomatic, and not a physical problem. Yesterday though, she sent me a reprimand for cancelling the appointment she made for me with the neurologist six months ago...before I learned about any of this. Seems she doesn't really believe that it is TMS, so now I have to protect myself from her disbelief too. I agree...we need more Mind-Body doctors. Thank God for Sarno, Brady, Schubiner and others in this wiki.

Jilly likes this.
  4. tarala

tarala Well known member

SandyRae, good on you for being so brave.

Ami, who knows-- you may well have planged a seed. Could be as she sees patients she'll be much more aware now of the connection between their emotional and physical health. At least you were courageous enough to speak your truth, and that's what is really important.

Jilly likes this.
  5. Ami

Ami Peer Supporter

You are so right, all we can really ever do to influence anyone is to plant seeds! Thanks so much for your support!