1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

day 10

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jodib, Mar 23, 2015.

1. jodib

jodib Peer Supporter

update is that I still have no doubt about TMS being cause of my pain. I've not had an aha moment really, but do find that talking out loud seems to help. it will actually make pain stop for a minute or so. but it keeps coming right back. today seems pretty strong pain though. it has started to move around some too, to the other side. and now I feel weird tingling in odd places, I didn't use to have that.
    re: question to ponder, I would say I do hide emotions. I mean, ive never cried in front of people, and don't feel like I will be starting now. is this a problem? i don't show anger to people. i just try not to get angry. is that bad? am i doing this all wrong? ugh

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi jodib,
    This work to talk to the body-mind and have results is huge in itself. It gives evidence of Dr. Sarno's approach being correct.

Did you see the vid over here before it was pulled down?
    http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/physiology-of-tms-john-sarno.7638/#post-42889
    I saw your Wow comment there.

The second part of the video addresses your exact thinking above. In it, Dr. Sarno says that you can't change your personality or your feelings. This is my experience too. But you are seeing the personality more clearly, and the tendency to hide emotions. OK. So you are gathering evidence to support how Sarno's theory works in you. You don't have to change anything, in my opinion, so much as you have to see how you operate, and correlate that to the theory, and explain/understand in your mind that this causes pain. By seeing what is causing the pain (the "need not to feel") you undo the trickery of the TMS to distract you with pain. You "see behind the curtain." That was Dr. Sarno's approach. By seeing, we take away the activity.

Hang in there and keep educating yourself with the SEP. You are getting it!

Andy B.

Lizzy likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I've never cried in public, but who cares. Cry if you want, but I think it's better to cry when alone.

I also like to scream, but only at home when alone. Or if someone is home, I scream a little in
    the bathroom with my mouth covered. Then I laugh. The laugh goes me more good than the scream.

Lizzy likes this.
  4. jodib

jodib Peer Supporter

ok,,,yes I did watch the video..i must have just been taking in so much info lately that I didn't recall. thank you very much for taking the time to remind and explain to me. its very helpful and I am going to copy and keep with me. also good to know I am getting it :)

thanks walt, that's great. I think screaming while alone sometime sounds like a good idea! must do. appreciate your reply.