1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Annifred, May 28, 2019.

1. Annifred

Annifred New Member

I'm now on Day 10 of the Educational Program and I still have pain. I'm trying to ignore it and not focus on it which is challenging because for so long, my pain has been a major preoccupation of mine. Whenever I notice my pain, I'm trying to think of possible psychological reasons for it. I also tried last night to imagine blood flowing through my painful areas, but I'm not sure if that's putting too much focus on where I hurt.

I've read that TMS patients should start exercising in ways that they thought they previously couldn't, but I don't think that I've limited myself physically because of pain so I'm not sure what I should do. One thing that I love to do is knit and I've avoided knitting for weeks due to elbow pain so I've started knitting again. I'm not knitting very long each day (30 minutes or so) so maybe I should knit for a very long time!

I'd love to hear from others in response to my post!