1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Watermelon, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Watermelon

Watermelon New Member

I have begun to notice that my foot pain is worse on Mondays. Yesterday I went cross country skiing for 3 hours, very physically strenuous up hill for 2 hours at high altitude. I never really thought about my foot pain and afterwards, I felt great! No pain. I even put away my ice bucket this morning because I had not iced in several days. Why ice if the pain has a psychological and not a physical cause? I know that my foot is fine or else I would not be abe to ski for 3 hours and feel fine.

But the pain returned today after several days with very minimal pain. I didn't even do much, just work at my desk. Despite the pain, I went to the gym after work and walked and lifted weights, telling myself that there was no need to worry because the pain was not due to physical issues. I am not worried but just noticing that Monday is the first day of the work week and that is usually when the pain returns...just saying...

2. cuddlepants

cuddlepants New Member

That's a great observation to make! Why would it be worse on a Monday? Because it is coming from an emotional thought process.

I have been suffering arm pain that I believed was coming from my work but have noticed it gets worse on a Sunday night when I'm thinking about work the next day.

This is all good TMS evidence. Remember this in times of doubt!

Watermelon likes this.
  3. hopeful_guitarist

hopeful_guitarist Peer Supporter

I've noticed some day-of-week conditioning as well. For me it's Sundays. I have a lot of meetings and a lot of sitting and they've been very painful in the past. I was almost pain-free a couple of Fridays ago and it came raging back Sunday. This past Sunday was quite a bit better. Baby steps. . .

Watermelon likes this.