1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by mina, Nov 18, 2016.

1. mina

mina Peer Supporter

Hi everyone,

I have tried Eye movement Therapy with my shrink on Wednesday as I was struggling with a massive flare up triggered by a CFS meeting that I attended (shouldn't have, but still, I went...). I had horrible flu symptoms and my pain level skyrocketed. I journaled about the meeting, tried to uncover what was behind the pain, to no avail.
    I have a shrink who is not TMS trained but he is open minded on the subject. Anway, some really unexpected stuff surfaced and I cried a lot. Since that session, my symptoms are less acute. They are not back to what they were like before I attended this meeting but I am confident they will continue decreasing.
    Above all, this has opened my eyes on the fact that Eye movement therapy was a really powerful tool and that having a shrink who masters this skill is a blessing and it can maybe help me feel better. For some reason, I had neglected it and so had he.
    I have one question: I saw a thread about quantum healing on the "ask a TMS therapist subforum" and I was wondering if anyone was using Dr Dispenza's meditations. My problem is that I have meditated for more than three years and I cannot focus on my breath, meditating gets on my nerves, I feel like stopping the CD and doing something else, my mind wanders ALL the time. I really enjoyed meditating at the beginning, I remember my mind really went into a different mode but I cannot reach this state anymore. I tried different types of meditation, different people, it doesn't seem to be okay for me.
    I listened to an interview of Dr Dispenza on quantum healing and I wonder if anyone has been helped by this approach.

Have a nice day everyone,

Mina

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Mina, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but since that post on Dr?! Joe Dispenza, his credibility has been thrown into question.

I'd like to bring your attention to this very important thread:

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/joe-dispenza-and-ramthas-school-of-enlightenment.11399/ (Joe Dispenza and Ramtha's School of Enlightenment)

mina likes this.
  3. mina

mina Peer Supporter

4. mina

mina Peer Supporter

OMG! No, you're not the bearer of bad news, on the contrary, you make me save time and money. I am glad I asked on this forum, I was about to order the book out of curiosity and also because I know Steve O practises quantum healing and that I have no idea what it is or how it works. Is it a big lie altogether or is it only this Dr who is a quack?
    Thanks a lot Mike

Mina

mike2014 likes this.
  5. mike2014

Hi Mina, that's a difficult question.

I hold Steve in very high regard and I don't want to steer you wrong. But in my opinion, opinions differ widely on the forum, I don't believe there's any scientific evidence that proves or disproves this technique.

There may be a huge element of 'placebo' at play for those who do heal.

Some pointers when choosing a modality, or healing technique, of which there are many on this forum, are:

1. Is the individual credible, which bodies or organisations is he or she associated to.
    2. Is there any scientific research for / against the modality
    3. Is the organisation charging over the odds for the modality.

I know this isn't by any means the answer you were expecting, but I hope it will give you some points to ponder when seeking modalities.

With warmth and kindness,

6. mina

mina Peer Supporter

Thanks Mike,

I agree with you. I ask because I know this forum is full of people who know a lot more than I do and I have read things I haven't.
    I do hold Steve in high esteem too, that's why I had a favourable overall impression on quantum healing but I won't give it a second thought,
    there is more than enough material at hand for us anyway, there is even too much. Sometimes, when doing the program, I have the impression
    that there are so many articles, so many links, so many testimonies that it is hard to review everything, read everything, give a go at everything.
    Sticking to common sense is wise. You know, I don't expect anything magical to occur. I have been through too much to allow any magical wand
    to be raised. What I am always eager to know is if there is meditation technique I haven't tried (apparently there is none and I will meditate "better"
    one day). In the meantime, I should continue. It is very tempting to stop something when it stops bringing you the comfort and peace it used to.
    Persistence and work are more important than finding something new. This is a bad habit I have to break: always believing that there is something
    I haven't tried that could be helpful. The most helpful tool has been the TMS Wiki program, that's why I'm doing it a second time.

Enjoy the rest of your day and have a nice week end,

Mina

7. mike2014

Hi Mina, I just read that you're from France. I used to visit Paris and The South quite often, it's such a beautiful country which is rich in history and culture. My visit seems long ago now, but I hope one day, I'll visit again.

I think where most become stuck is their hunger for knowledge and the desire to understand everything. It's quite easy to get caught up in seeking and not embracing, or allowing the divine to enter and allow healing.

I believe for acceptance to to strong, one shouldn't invest in many modalities, but fewer. Chasing healing can add stress or, almost cause the mind to rebel against ones goal or a desired outcome.

The same can be said for meditation, the choice is endless and we must be sensible and pragmatic. Asking ourselves questions such as; am I meditating correctly, could I meditate better are all in fact voices of our inner critic trying hard to sabotage our experience. The challenge is to silence the mind and not buy into this false narratives.

Additionally, I'd keep reading the success stories on the forum to enforce your belief reduce any fear that you may have.

The journey is by no means an easy one, but sending you much strength on your road to wellness.

Enjoy your Friday and weekend aswell.

mina likes this.
  8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Mina. I place most of my healing trust in TMS, not medical or other sources. I found that books on TMS such as Steve's were helpful but mainly it took believing in the TMS MindBody concept to heal me from severe back pain. For me, the best meditation is simply to close my eyes and practice deep breathing while living in the present moment, not allowing my mind to wander into the past or future. And being positive; not letting myself get discouraged.

Have you tried the Relaxation Response? It is a form of meditation similar to Transcendental Meditation but costs nothing. There are some excellent videos on Youtube about the RResponse. It has a good suggestion about how to stop the mind from wandering during meditation.

mike2014 likes this.
  9. mina

mina Peer Supporter

Yes Mike, I am from France ;-) I do hope you'll be able to travel again, just like I hope I will see the US again in my life. I was a traveler and a big big fan of your country.
    I had the same analysis as you did: this is my inner critic speaking, there is no correct way of meditating, the important thing is to actually meditate.
    Still, I remember that for the first few months, I would fall asleep and couldn't reach the end of the ongoing meditation. This was such a pleasant feeling
    as that sleep was more relaxing and also because I had the impression I was still very conscious while sleeping.

No, Walt, I have never heard of the RR and will try it tomorrow. Thank you so much for suggesting this.

mike2014 likes this.