1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10 Day 10

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by browndogisinthehouse, Apr 5, 2016.

1. browndogisinthehouse

browndogisinthehouse Peer Supporter

I really do not have any trouble sharing my emotions. It is perhaps more of a problem articulating them in a way that the other person does not feel that he is being attacked. I live alone anyway. I would have preferred that my parents or my siblings stay along with me but partly they do not understand the problems that I'm facing and partly they have their own issues to deal with. So, in summary, because there is not much communication and then I have to be careful to articulate my emotions because it can be misconstrued over the phone, therefore in effect, it probably means that I am unable to express it to them.

I have been sick with a stomach infection for the past 7 days and had time to think TMS. I have been talking to my subconscious, pleading, scolding, begging to relieve me of the pain. There has been not much change so far but I continue to keep the faith

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, brown/ Your stomach problem looks to be like it is from your relationship problems with your family. You are not alone in that, but have come to the right place to deal with them. I hope you will do some journal in about those relationship issues. You are probably right that those you are having difficulty communicating with have their own TMS emotional issues.

I suggest you stop trying to talk to anyone about your issues and just journal about them. You could write each person a letter and let it all hang out, but then don't send the letter, just get it all out of your system that way. When you phone your parents and siblings, just talk about pleasant things. My older brother and I were total opposites in nature and it got to where he wouldn't talk to me in four years. I finally wrote him saying let's put it all behind us, and he said okay. But it took him that long to agree to reconcile. He died four year ago and I told his widow he never said he loved me, and she said he never said that to her, either. He called me "a cold fish," but that's what he was. In journaling I think I learned the reasons he was cold.

It's really weird today... with all the new technology for better communication, I think everyone is communicating less. So you are not alone in that.

I'm a lifelong bachelor, now 85, and love it. I communicate best with my dog and two great best friends.