1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 update

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lasseb81, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Lasseb81

Lasseb81 New Member

update on my progress. physically I feel good most of the time. My problems come with strength training. Especially afterwards I often have problems at night, with troubled legs and buttocks. It doesn't hurt, it's just uneasy. I feel the last few days I have become sadder. Doesn't seem like I can get out of feeling sad. I keep thinking about my seperation and how I can get back to her and the kids.

2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

That is great to hear!

This happened to me a few times due to the regular journaling and emotional exploration the SEP prompts. I know it's not fun, but try not to worry too much about it. You may need to feel the emotions for a while before you can process them. I tried not to censor those feelings, but if I found myself dwelling on them and repeating them over and over, I took some conscience steps to move on, or at least take a break. For example, find a distracting hobby or activity, or force yourself to think about the "bright side" for a while. TMS teaches that ignoring the difficult feelings leads to trouble. Likewise, if we only pay attention to those feelings, we lose sight of the happier things in life. Everybody needs a break.

It sounds like you're on track. Keep up the good work!

Lasseb81 likes this.