1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 - the person I cant reveal feelings to

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Archie, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Archie

Archie Peer Supporter

This was an interesting exercise and where I realised that my own healing should not necessarily be to the detriment to another. If I revealed my feelings to the person in mind, there is a very good chance they would be emotionally traumatised by it as we have a very strong bond, and all our life I have been in a supportive, nurturing, role. The person is emotionally fragile and even though there have been a number of instances over the years where I have "suffered in silence" in response to situations with them, the last thing I would want to do is risk upsetting them at a fundamental level. Nevertheless I have done some very helpful journaling, and am content to leave it at that. In contrast, there is another significant "player" who I will most definitely be revealing my feelings to, and the damage they caused me at a very young age - and which has had very difficult repercussions for me as I have grown older. None of this stuff is easy, but I hugely appreciate how important it is.