1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10 (second time around)

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Tassie Devil, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Tassie Devil

Tassie Devil Peer Supporter

Hello from Australia. My knee pain has returned after 8 months of freedom and I was so happy getting on with my life that it took me a couple of weeks to realise it was TMS related. I went straight to the Forum and began the SEP but am not as obsessive this time round. Just as well as last time caused me a lot of extra anxiety dredging up my past events. This time I know exactly what my stressors have been, but I'm having a harder time journaling as they are a bit on-going at the moment and likely to remain so for a few months yet, so I'm just being kind and gentle to myself and nurturing and supporting my child more, while at the same time trying to minimise the critical, pressure and fear thoughts. I'm reading all the articles again and when I post this, will read some of the success stories just to remind me of the good that will come to me again in time. I'm so glad you are all still here for support, as there is no TMS doctor in Tasmania at all (or there wasn't when I checked 12 months ago), so I am eternally grateful for this.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Tassie Devil. Welcome back to TMS healing. It's good not to be obsessive about the process of healing. I found it best to journal about past stressors from my childhood. I discovered them and didn't spend much time reliving or feeling them. I had severe back pain because of anger since my parents divorced when I was 7. The divorce left me with feelings of insecurity. Once I discovered that, I was able to put myself in their shoes and understood it was for financial reasons, and I was able to forgive them. If someone did you emotional or physical harm, try to forgive them. Forgive yourself for anything you may feel bad or guilty about.

I suggest you follow Dr. Sarno's advice... just recognize the emotional stressors causing your knee pain. Ypur subconscious may need convincing that this is the main or only cause of your emotional stress. He says you do not have to solve any emotional problem. It is enough for the subconscious to know you know what the stress is. So give your subconscious time... Maybe just remind it every day, but don't go back into feeling the emotion. Be patient and try to enjoy each day.

Tassie Devil likes this.
  3. Tassie Devil

Tassie Devil Peer Supporter

Hi Walt. Nice to be back with "friends" like you :happy:. As always sound advice that the subconscious needs reminding that my emotional stressors are mostly to blame for the pain again. I enjoy the "leg up" that the SEP gives me and re-reading many posts in the forum, and I have absolutely no doubt that I am back on track. I slept well last night with little interruption from the pain so everything looks a little brighter today and I will allow myself time and patience. The best thing is that I am totally confident of a success story again sometime in the future.:shame: