1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 pain comes and goes

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by justgreene, May 3, 2019.

1. justgreene

justgreene Newcomer

So, my sciatic pain comes and goes throughout the week. My toes still go numb. Now that it's the weekend, it will most likely subside a bit. My guess that it will return Sunday night and hit hard on Monday like it always does.

When the pain does come, how do I talk it down? I have read how people talk to the brain and make the pain go away. How? When will I get to that lesson?

I am trying to be more aware of the pain. Not sure if its helping. I don't know what the stressors are yet. I have done some journaling and not sure if that is helping. I also do some EFT tapping and not sure if that is helping.

I went to a Physical therapist this week and did some stretching, mobilization, etc. My leg felt better after but of course the pain returned the next day. It wasn't too bad though.