1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10 of program and having set back

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Rikitachikita, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Rikitachikita

Rikitachikita New Member

So I've been suffering from low back disc pain for 7 years. Before that I've had a myriad of other things in my life which all point to TMS. I've been doing the program and I had almost a week and half with practically no pain. Then all of a sudden I got pain all over my back, upper, middle and lower but different pain. Then the next couple days I got my regular pain back, then yesterday I had burning pain in my lower back which I've never had and now today I'm having burning pain down my legs. I have never had all this different kind of back pain. It keeps moving and switching. I haven't done anything physically to cause this so I'm trying to not have fear and realize it's TMS doing it's thing. My thoughts go straight to that fear base thinking, asking what I did, why is this happening, will it ever go away, maybe I need to lay down and not move. But I'm trying to tell it to shut up and I know what it's doing and let's process my emotions and stress. So far it's not leaving but changing. I will keep up with it but this is frustrating. I'm also thinking maybe I should go on the medication my doctors suggest. Can I do both meds and TMS work?

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Rikitachikita,
    You are no doubt experiencing something common with TMS: it moves around, changes symptoms, and can increase as you challenge its existence with your program work. Have you read Dr. Sarno's books? He speaks of symptoms which change, especially as they are challenged. I suggest you continue your Sarno work, and this is great:
    Use the evidence that it is changing to add to your list of evidence that supports that it is TMS. This is remarkable, and important in supporting your work.
    Andy B