1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 - letting emotions flow

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by wendyd, Dec 2, 2014.

1. wendyd

wendyd Peer Supporter

Interesting reflections today. I wrote a letter (I won't send) to an ex-friend who hurt me very badly this past year. I've probably written it a few times in my head, but it is different to actually see it on paper. Also, thinking about emotions and how much I do hold inside. Who do I hide emotions from...pretty much everyone. It's not that I'm a cold person, but I guess I've always felt the need to be strong and not to belabor things. To let it go. It is what it is. I'm pretty good at that, but I'm guessing thats where a lot of my TMS back pain comes from. Holding it all in so tightly.

I'm definitely making progress. I am really aware that when talking to a few close people about TMS and what I'm doing, I feel better. When I read or listen to TMS material, I feel better. I have periods of feeling better. I am trying to focus on emotions when I'm not feeling better. Definite progress. My biggest challenge is still the fear that it won't ever completely be better. I'm still fearful about the long drive from NY to Atlanta coming up in January. That will be a big hurdle. Just trying to remember that it is a process and take one day at a time.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Wendy. I'm glad you are working on not holding in your emotions so much.
    Don't fear that you will never be completely better. That's living in the future,
    and it's much better to live in the present.

As for that long trip in January, put some CDs into your car player with relaxing, calming music.

One day at a time... One mile at a time. Think positive on the drive... think happy thoughts.