1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 Journal Share

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Marytabby, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Marytabby

Marytabby Peer Supporter

Today's journal exercise asks me to write an unsent letter to someone who is contributing to my TMS.
    I chose my landlords who have not renewed my lease and also the husband keeps dropping off building material debris (broken junk) in my back yard and it's looking like an eye sore.

Dear Joe and Sue,
    It makes me feel uneasy when I have no lease agreement. I reminded you in June that I'd like to sign another year which would start in August. It's now 9/20 and you still have not renewed my lease. You said your realtor is on vacation but really? It's been way too long. I worry you are not being truthful with me and you are stalling and maybe don't want me to renew. All of this worry is contributing to my nervous bladder TMS symptoms. It's not fun to be so worried and uncomfortable, and it makes it hard to relax and trust. I've also had lots of repressed anger & frustration about the way Joe leaves my yard cluttered with piles of junk. He rarely finishes a repair job and he drops off debris and never comes back for it. It's in all corners of the yard. I'm tired at looking at this eyesore. It looks like a ghetto. I've asked Joe and texted you about clearing this stuff out, and have also offered to put it out on the curb for trash day but neither of you will acknowledge the issue. It goes ignored. Joe keeps bringing junk to my yard and he doesn't even live here. Joe, please stop. come and clean up your crap now. My worry and annoyance is causing my bladder to flare up all the time. Now I worry you won't clean up your mess from this week's destruction of the back steps. I also worry you think I broke the stairs even though they are just old and broken up from wear and tear.

MT

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Marytabby. Your unsent letter got a lot of anger and frustration off your mind. Your concerns are probably going to work themselves out. Try not to let them get you down.

3. Marytabby

Marytabby Peer Supporter

Thanks, Walt. Well, that was one unsent letter out of a few that the SEP asks us to do. I am hoping a few more of these letters to other people will free up some of this pain. Hoping one of these letters hits the spot in terms of what or who I am allowing to cause my symptoms.