1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 - hopeful, but still some doubts

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by mellowrider, May 6, 2015.

1. mellowrider

mellowrider Newcomer

I'm now on day 10 of the S.E.P. and I think the daily tasks are helpful, especially the journalling. I have written a lot of things I have never told anyone, but it helps to get it out of my system.

I'm still a bit unsure if my RSI/tendonitis/whatever-it-is in my hands, arms and shins are only caused by TMS or if it is just part of the solution. How can I be sure that it is only TMS?

I have previously been to several doctors, physiotherapists, etc, but they couldn't explain why the pain persists for so long. I haven't taken x-rays or anything. I feel like the main focus in Sarno's books and here on the wiki is on back pain, but I haven't found a lot about RSI/tendonitis.

Barry

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Barry. Doctors have not found anything structural in your pain, so it is coming from TMS.
    You won't heal until you believe that 100 percent. A thousand percent is even better.

This wiki and Dr. Sarno's books may appear to be mainly about back pain, but they really mean
    any kind of pain.

Journaling helped me to heal more than just about anything, besides believing totally in TMS.
    Journaling led me to discover childhood traumas I had been repressing for years,
    back to my parents divorcing when I was seven. It left me with feelings of abandonment and
    insecurity. Journaling led me to realize they had TMS themselves and that helped me to
    forgive them which in turn stopped my severe back pain.

Keep up the good work in the SEP and you will be pain-free and a happy camper.

mellowrider likes this.
  3. mellowrider

mellowrider Newcomer

Thanks for sharing your story, Walt. I appreciate your feedback. Ironically Day 11 of SEP had more about RSI. I recognized myself in that day's story by Armchair Linguist and her quote "It's not as easy as I guess I hoped it might be, though"

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Barry, I'm glad you got some benefit from my post and from Armchair Linguist.

The stronger the belief in TMS, the faster the healing.

mellowrider likes this.
  5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Barry,
    RSI is a very well known symptom of TMS. Forest, who started this wiki suffered from this and cured himself with Dr. Sarno's work.
    Andy B.

6. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Put "RSI" or "tendonitis" in the search box at the top right of any page on this site, and you will find many discussions of this topic that you can read including many success stories.

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Kabat-Zinn has it right. Healing comes from acceptance of life as it is. We can try to make it better,
    but if we have no control over that, then live with things as they are.

I read someone who recently said, "Don't try to be the conscience of the world."

I keep busy and doing things I enjoy. I think positive and do deep breathing and laugh as much as I can.

mellowrider likes this.
  8. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

I'm there with you I've been to plenty of doctors and had several test including x-rays they found nothing wrong with me either. But I still continue to have rsi symptoms just like you in my hands and wrists. They say that accepting the diagnosis is the hardest part but don't give up! We have to keep trying!

mellowrider likes this.
  9. mellowrider

mellowrider Newcomer

Thanks to all of you for your support and input. Today I'm at day 16 of SEP and I could relate to Enrique's story about pain in the back of the hands. I still feel pain every day, mostly just tingling and dull pain, with the occasional flare up, but now I have short periods where I "forget" about the pain.