1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 Day 10 has anyone else experienced symptoms from a breakup ?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Leelee, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Leelee

Leelee New Member

Hey all.

My name is Lee. It’s my day 10 of sep.

I have been thou this program before
    And beat tms before 2 years ago.

I had a bad separation from my partner
    Six months ago, thou I ended the relationship it has been very painful to experience this heartache.

It’s interesting that I had back pain and hip pain start two weeks ago. It has alerted
    Me to a lot of emotions I have been repressing, anger, hurt, fear and sadness.

I feel I am working though all these now daily on this program.

It feels good to be expressing haw I feel and I also feel confident that my symptoms will
    Go away on there own as they did 2 years ago.

Has any one else experienced a flar up during a separation or divorce or ending a relationship?

I’m just curious as I feel to hear would help and support me :)))

Good luck to everyone and have a good day or evening..

Lee

2. thmakled

thmakled New Member

Hi Lee, I hope you are doing well.

I'm new to TMS after having a flare of back and leg pain since January. I had a similar flare in the autumn of 2017, but I didn't know about TMS then. I have since connected both of these flares to my relationship ending, similarly to you I ended it but I harbored a lot of guilt, sadness, and pain from it. I loved and still love my partner but we are completely separated. I was starting to reflect on that when this flare started in January.

I could use some confidence from you, as I still harbor small doubts about TMS. I still worry about the herniated disc and structural causes. I know that I need to eliminate that worry.

Thomas

3. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Hello Leelee...not a breakup...but close. My first experience with TMS was IBS and constipation brought on by a major family falling out. with my mom. Long behold, it happened again after another family falling out in summer 2017, this time with my dad and brother. I thought I was fine as the falling out led to me deciding to leave my job (family business). I felt good consciously. Relieved. But, all sorts of symptoms started about a month later. I've since learned that I was still repressing a lot of anger and guilt about the fight and about leaving. Relationship struggles are terrible for TMS (in my opinion). There's so much guilt if you think you did something to hurt someone you care about. And, if someone you care about hurts you, the anger is so extreme. I don't care if a stranger does something mean to me. But my family...that's awful. Makes me feel simultaneously furious and like a worthless piece of trash.