1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

day 10 and how I am doing

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by juderocketqueen, Sep 3, 2016.

1. juderocketqueen

juderocketqueen New Member

I'm progressing well with the programme.
    Being a typical T M S person I am being very conscientious!
    I have been journaling for years. I am very well acquainted with my issues from childhood. I know that I am in a rage about them. I have expressed these issues to my mother many times and she knows how angry I am, and I have expressed this anger.

I can see a correlation between emotions and how i got C F S. I can see a correlation between how I keep the symptoms going through negative thinking but a lot of the time the pain , which is known as post-exertional malaise, or pem, comes on after activity and affects the muscles that have been used. I need to work on tackling the symptoms directly as they arise.
    I look forward to learning more about this in future sessions.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Just want to let you know that I used to have pem as part of my symptom array, and no longer do. Now I just get normal sore muscles after an activity I haven't done before. My fear of pem lasted awhile even after the symptom had disappeared. I was very protective about what activity I took on out of habit. Now I'm over that part too.

You are well on your way to recovery!

juderocketqueen likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy

Walt Oleksy Beloved Grand Eagle

I have found that forgiving can free one of TMS pain. I put myself in the shoes of those I believe have given me emotional pain and come to realize they meant well and I can forgive them. It's much healthier to turn away from anger and to forgive.

juderocketqueen likes this.
  4. juderocketqueen

juderocketqueen New Member

Ellen, that is really encouraging. Thanks.
    Walt, I agree. Working on forgiveness