1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

day 10 and how I am doing

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by juderocketqueen, Sep 3, 2016.

1. juderocketqueen

juderocketqueen New Member

I'm progressing well with the programme.
    Being a typical T M S person I am being very conscientious!
    I have been journaling for years. I am very well acquainted with my issues from childhood. I know that I am in a rage about them. I have expressed these issues to my mother many times and she knows how angry I am, and I have expressed this anger.

I can see a correlation between emotions and how i got C F S. I can see a correlation between how I keep the symptoms going through negative thinking but a lot of the time the pain , which is known as post-exertional malaise, or pem, comes on after activity and affects the muscles that have been used. I need to work on tackling the symptoms directly as they arise.
    I look forward to learning more about this in future sessions.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Just want to let you know that I used to have pem as part of my symptom array, and no longer do. Now I just get normal sore muscles after an activity I haven't done before. My fear of pem lasted awhile even after the symptom had disappeared. I was very protective about what activity I took on out of habit. Now I'm over that part too.

You are well on your way to recovery!

juderocketqueen likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I have found that forgiving can free one of TMS pain. I put myself in the shoes of those I believe have given me emotional pain and come to realize they meant well and I can forgive them. It's much healthier to turn away from anger and to forgive.

juderocketqueen likes this.
  4. juderocketqueen

juderocketqueen New Member

Ellen, that is really encouraging. Thanks.
    Walt, I agree. Working on forgiveness