1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by 2BT4U, May 11, 2015.

1. 2BT4U

2BT4U New Member

Hello,

What would a life be without pain to me?.....it would be GREAT! I'd be back to my regular routine, I'd be able to take my Mother out instead of my husband doing it for me. I'd be cooking, cleaning, playing with the dogs, getting back to my business, id be planning our cottage on wheels vacation instead of thinking about what I can and can't do! I'm so frigging SICK and FN tired of this! I've had this pain for over 8 weeks and I'm GOING to be rid of it real soon!

It's amazing how something like pain can make you think of the strangest things! At one time I'd be so tired of housework and everything else to go with it ... Now that's one thing I want to be able to do!

2. 2BT4U

2BT4U New Member

i think I'm doing this wrong am I supposed to tell why I think I have TMS?

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  3. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

Why do you think you have TMS? What kind of pain are you experiencing? Have you been to a doctor? From what I've learned it's better to go to a doctor to rule out any serious conditions before considering TMS. Hope it goes well for you.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Wendy. Jwiles is right. See a doctor about your pain. But be careful about what he says it is. Many doctors misdiagnose a pain
    and many others say they don't know what causes it. Even if an X-ray of MRI shows a structural problem, it may not need treatment.
    Or its cause is not structural but psychological, from TMS repressed emotions and/or a perfectionist-goodist personality.

So get the pain diagnosed by a doctor. It will very likely be TMS.

In any case, don't despair. You are going to heal and enjoy doing everything again, including housework.
    Think positive.

You've been in pain for more than eight weeks. That's no fun and we all sympathize with you.
    But many others have been in pain for eight years or longer and have healed because of 100 percent in TMS causing the pain.
    You will heal, too!