1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by bob100, Mar 29, 2015.

1. bob100

bob100 New Member

So thanks so much to this forum for being so welcoming. My story is this, about 18 months ago I experienced low back pain after sitting in a chair. It was annoying, chronic, but not awful - more of a nagging pain. About 5 months ago I went to a PT to see if that would help, he mostly did manipulation, heat, massage and ultrasound 2x a week for 4 weeks. Since that time my back pain has skyrocketed and I have numbness in my knee and foot. An MRI showed no damage and my ortho surgeon saw no issues. I just read Dr Sarno's book, and am all in. I still have worries that I have some type of soft tissue damage or nerve issue, but again my MRI was clean so I think his approach will work for me.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Bob. Welcome to the TMSwiki forums.

The MRI and your doctor showed no structural damage, so now just get yourself to
    believe your pain is caused 100 percent by TMS... repressed emotion(s) and/or
    a perfectionist or "goodist" personality.

I didn't get totally rid of my back pain until I stopped thinking it was 10 percent structural,
    from aging, since I'm 84. It can be hard to believe 100 percent in TMS but it's the "magic bullet" to healing.

I hope you're journaling, to discover the psychological cause(s) of your back pain.

3. bob100

bob100 New Member

Walt, thanks so much for your support early on in the process! Bob