1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by eline, Jan 29, 2015.

1. eline

eline Peer Supporter

Hi there!

I started to follow the educational program to get rid of my so called plantar fasciitis. I walked on crutches for four months and was in a lot of pain, and “recovered” almost entirely and got my life back after reading Sarno’s book (the mindbody prescription). However, I just had a major relapse and now am in great pain again (for the full story check http://tmswiki.org/forum/threads/feet-trouble-solved-with-tms-but-now-a-major-relapse.7179/) I really want to get rid of it, for once and for all, so I decided to start the educational program. I really hope it can help me out. All help is much appreciated, and I am very thankful for the fact that this forum exists! Where I live, which is in the Netherlands, there are, as far as I know, no TMS practitioners.

The educational program asks me to answer some questions, so hereby I will:

Level of acceptance: I think about 90 percent. I think I am actually sure that it is TMS. I have a lot of “evidence” for it. The pain moves around, it starts and diminishes on moments that don’t make sense, I fit the TMS-profile, improving the blood circulation helps, etc.

Doubts: Every time I start walking, it hurts. Also after walking, the pain gets worse. During walking, I have the feeling that when a chair is nearby, I should sit. When I sit, I feel relieved. I do not allow myself to sit on other moments than one would normally sit down, but I am still looking forward to sitting down and am relieved the moment that I do. I now that pain after exercise/walking is a “trained” reaction from TMS but still can’t help worrying. I know that even knowing this, the pain is still worse after walking, so I don’t want to walk. How to handle this?

Worries: I don’t really know how to overcome this. My biggest nightmare (an image that crosses my mind every now and then when the pain is pretty bad) is having to walk on crutching again. The horror.. Also, the fact that I have overcome it once and just had a major relapse doesn’t help at all.