1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by GettingBetter, Nov 18, 2014.

1. GettingBetter

GettingBetter New Member

Here I am at Day 1. Feeling very excited but a bit nervous. I suffer with migraine, jawbone pain, restless legs, IBS and other stuff which I have been assuming for years has been multiple food intolerance. I am on a very restricted diet and live my life in fear of eating.

I had a lot of trauma in childhood and recently realised I lost more foods whenever I had something stressful happen to me. I started to wonder if my emotions were making the food intolerance worse. Then, I read Dr Sarno's book Divided Mind and cried with relief!

I can't say I am 100% there yet, but I SO want it to be true for me!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, GettingBetter. You're on your way to 100 healing.
    You realize you had a lot of trauma-stress in your childhood. That's where the pain is coming from.
    Follow the SEP to do some journaling to bring those repressed emotions to the surface. Probably
    the traumas left you feeling angry. Dr. Sarno says that repressing the anger over the years developed
    into subconscious rage. Think-write about those early years and it will lead you to better understanding
    the events and people who caused the traumas. That will led to forgiveness and that leads to healing.

TMS is a fantastic journey to becoming healthier and happier than you ever dreamed possible.

3. GettingBetter

GettingBetter New Member

Thank you Walt, it is nice to know I have support too :) Onward...to Day 2

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm sure many others read your post and are sending "healing vibes" to you.
    Not everyone has time to reply to posts, but they do in "spirit."

GettingBetter likes this.