1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

DAY 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Angeleyez, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Angeleyez

Angeleyez Newcomer

Hey my name is Ros and this is my first day of the programme. Im excited about starting this programme because I have tried everything to get rid of my back pain and I thought surgery might be my only option left. A lot of what i have read makes sense to me because i feel that my circumstances in the last 2 months have gotten more tense and stressfull and at the same time so has my back pain. But I am also finding it hard to accept that I could get rid of this all by myself. As soon as i think about doing anything physical, my mind automatically gets a sense of fear, this is very hard for me to overcome but im gonna giv it a Go!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, and welcome to the forums. The SEP is a great way to learn to heal.
    You've been under stress and that causes the back pain.
    Dr. Sarno's book, Healing Back Pain, is the bedrock of all TMS knowledge and healing
    so I urge you to buy a copy. You can probably find a used copy at amazon.com books.

Sarno and others suggest not to give up on physical activity because your pain is psychological
    and you can't hurt yourself more. Fearing activity just keeps it going.

I healed from severe back and side pain after learning about TMS and reading Sarno's book.
    It led me to discover repressed emotions (anger and anxiety) from my boyhood.
    Once I began think about them it led me to forgiving my parents (they divorced over money matters)
    and forgiveness is the key to healing.

It's an exciting journey, TMS, and you will become healthier and happier.