1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lindahope, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Lindahope

Lindahope New Member

I am fighting to believe the TMS theory. I want to believe it with all my heart because I have been suffering for 17 months total. First with pain from herniated disc diagnoses C3-C6, recvery from operation, and now T12/L1 herniation. My son told me about John Sarno before the operation, but I wasn't believing it at that time and I didn't even look on You Tube at the video like he said. I read 2 of John Sarno's books and started the journaling for Day 1 and Day2. I am very scared and loosing hope. I am praying for Jesus to heal me. I am doing meditaions. I am on 1/2 to 1 muscle relaxer a day and medication for anxiety. I weaned myself off of 150 mg. of Lyrica to 25 mg. Lyrica a day, which was very difficult to do. I had 2 epidural shots in my T12 spine. They worked for a while but not much. I made an appt. with a physician that is familiar with TMS. My appt. is Nov. 3. I am putting hope into getting some answers. At my families urgency, I am starting an outpatient program for the anxiety, which I don't know if I can handle sitting for the amount of time required. This is where I am now. Please pray for me as I will for everyone on this forum.
    God Bless,
    Linda

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Linda. I feel for you and will pray for you. You came to the right place for healing, and you can thank your loving son for
    leading you to Dr. Sarno. It's good that you will be seeing a doctor familiar with TMS.

I recently wrote a book with another member of the forum, Herbie (Eric Watson) called
    God Does Not Want You to Be In Pain. I hope you will read it because you mention praying to Jesus to heal you.
    You know He is right. He says it in The Bible: "Ask and you shall receive."

I healed from severe back pain after learning about TMS and reading Dr. Sarno's books
    and working the Structured Education Program. It all led me journaling about my repressed anger
    that went back to my childhood. I believe Dr. Sarno is right, that our physical pain comes from holding in
    anger or other emotions that go back to our childhood. I decided that my parents and older brother
    who caused me to be stressed probably had their own TMS pain. That led me to forgiving them
    and forgiving is essential in healing.

I have been saying the Rosary daily and find it is a very good kind of spiritual meditation.
    There are web sites in YouTube where you can follow along as the Rosary is said each day.

You are going to be healed of pain. It looks providential, that God led you to TMS.
    It has helped me and thousands of others to not only become free of pain
    but to become happier and more spiritual.

My book is in paperback and Kindle from amazon.smile.com

God loves you, and your pain will lead you closer to Him as you heal.

3. Lindahope

Lindahope New Member

Thank you Walt for your reply. I find it very encouraging. It's funny you mentioned the rosary. I bought rosary beads a few years ago at a retreat before all this happened. I must have put them in my glove compartment and forgot about them. I just came across them recently and unexpectedly, when I opened it for something else. I don't know the formal way to say them so I was saying the our father once and Hail Mary on the small beads. I devoted myself to reading at least 2 chapters in the bible every morning eating my cereal. I used to read the newspaper. The mornings are the best time for me. I have the least amount of discomfort. I'm in the Old Testament now. I listen to joel olsteen and Joyce Meyers everyday. I am familiar with the 12 step programs also and always considered myself a spiritual person but never made time for God. I also believe no coincidences.