1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Debby Toland, May 23, 2014.

1. Debby Toland

Debby Toland New Member

I had quick relief from 15 years of back pain a few years ago after reading Healing Back Pain by Dr.Sarno. In the last several months my neck has been in pain, tennis elbow in my left arm and carpal tunnel in my right hand. I have had an MRI with nothing unusual. I was diagnosed with mild carpal tunnel. I have been seeing a pain doctor and massage therapist. I have had several trigger point injections and two different spinal injections. I had carpal tunnel surgery a few months ago. I felt I had to even though it was not severe because I am a dental hygienist and my right hand was going numb at work. I have been taking nucynta on a regular basis for pain. The injections would give some temporary relief to my neck pain but it always returns. About a week ago my brilliant husband said you should go read your book again. So I did and have had the most relief from pain in months. I now wish I had not had carpal tunnel surgery, first because of the expense and time off work but mostly because I now think it was TMS and wasn't necessary. I also got the book on CD so I can listen to it over and over as I drive 30 minutes to work everyday. I am still battling to overcome my pain. It has never completely gone away like my back pain but has times of much less intensity. I think I need to do some emotional healing with the help of Jesus to set me free. I see myself in the goodist, stoic, perfectionist and a few other personality traits subject to TMS. I am scared but hopeful about what God wants to expose and heal me from.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Debby. You did it before, heal your back pain through TMS knowledge, so you can do it again.

I love that you are asking help from Jesus. I just wrote a book with Herbie, another on this web site,
    called GOD DOES NOT WANT YOU TO BE IN PAIN. We tell how we healed our pain through TMS
    and including God in the healing. It could help you. It's in paperback from amazon.smile. com
    (add the smile to amazon.com so the web site gets a little money),
    and there is a Kindle edition.

God, is, after all, the Great Healer.

3. Debby Toland

Debby Toland New Member

Thanks Walt. I have already got your book on my kindle. I was so glad to find your book. I have felt God wanted to take me beyond just realizing what repression was doing to me after this second bout with TMS. I feel He wants to set me free from those emotions that don't line up with His word. Whole body and soul healing versus controlled behavior. He who Christ sets free is free indeed. I hope I will have opportunities in my church to help others heal from TMS too. Thanks so much for reaching out to others and encouraging us.

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is so cool Debby Toland, This is the Scripture I used everyday and still do, yes he will set you free and show you the way. I just want to add some reminders ok. Stay course and watch your thoughts -- like, am I doing this good enough? will it get better? how long now? and so forth and feel your emotions. Never let a bad emotion go unfelt and then accept it in a better light and let it go. You will win for sure. You have the tools you need, Awesome.
    PS. You will have those opportunities most defiantly.
    Bless you

5. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Welcome back Debbie! I think you'll find great healing in these rooms and in the SEP. Lots of awareness tools and the best part is the healing community that participates on this forum. Looking forward to hearing about your successes!