1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ergo, Mar 27, 2014.

1. ergo

ergo New Member

This is my first post, I decided to try to do this six week program.

One of the instructions about this post, is to mention your level of acceptance of the TMS diagnosis. I would say I am out of 50% acceptance level. I strongly believe in the mind body connection, but I have to admit much of what Dr. Sarno says in his books, and the tone he uses I find unconvincing. My own biases and belief systems are Buddhist in nature, so I am attempting to reconcile Dr. Sarnos work with those traditions.

Even though I may not be a true believer at this point, much of what the doctor says rings true to me, and based on having tried so many things to deal with my pain I am certainly willing to give a good-faith effort to this. I definitely believe that my rage, fear, narcissism, people pleasing, contributes to tension in my body so that's a start right?

nowtimecoach likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes thats a start and being with a Buddhist belief it shouldn't be to hard for you to know that your thoughts cause pain and also your thoughts that aren't processed cause pain too -- they are called repressions. It doesn't matter if you believe 50% percent or not right now. The important part is your willing to give yourself a hand in this for your betterment. That's what you want so go and get it ok. And remember to ask lots of questions so you will know that your journey is solid. Your belief will grow as you begin to see changes but you have to do the work to see the changes so the 100 percent is in the work ok.

Bless You

nowtimecoach likes this.