1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by ergo, Mar 27, 2014.

1. ergo

ergo New Member

This is my first post, I decided to try to do this six week program.

One of the instructions about this post, is to mention your level of acceptance of the TMS diagnosis. I would say I am out of 50% acceptance level. I strongly believe in the mind body connection, but I have to admit much of what Dr. Sarno says in his books, and the tone he uses I find unconvincing. My own biases and belief systems are Buddhist in nature, so I am attempting to reconcile Dr. Sarnos work with those traditions.

Even though I may not be a true believer at this point, much of what the doctor says rings true to me, and based on having tried so many things to deal with my pain I am certainly willing to give a good-faith effort to this. I definitely believe that my rage, fear, narcissism, people pleasing, contributes to tension in my body so that's a start right?

2. ergo

ergo New Member

ooops , sorry ima newbie this might be the wrong forum i will repost to subforum