1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by lazydaisy, Mar 19, 2014.

1. lazydaisy

lazydaisy Peer Supporter

Hi everyone, I'm lazydaisy. I started 'Day 1' today, and before reading to the end of the instructions, I posted a question in a different subforum introducing myself and explaining my issues. Little did I know that was kind of today's task. So here are the basics:

I found this website yesterday. Ironically, I was searching for new trigger point treatments for my chronic TMJ. I saw a link to something called TMS and thought it might be about TMJ but with a difference initials.

So I clicked over, I read a bit, I watched a few videos. I read about the personality traits common amongst TMS sufferers. Yeah, I tick every one.

(by the way, if you don't know TMJ is temporo-mandibular joint disorder - basically, clicking, cracking, grinding noises and pain in the jaw. Oh, and the occasional 'getting stuck' where I cannot open/close my mouth. It seriously hurts.).

I downloaded the book, within about 10 minutes. I started reading the treatment guides, and today am doing ‘Day One’.

For the first time in FIFTEEN YEARS OF CONSTANT PAIN* I finally think I might have found the answer. I almost think believing it is not a structural problem (which I totally do) may be enough on it’s own. But, you know, I’m a perfectionist, if it says I have to read the book, I have to read the book, but I also have to do it right (did I mention I’m a perfectionist?).

I've just started reading The Mindbody Prescription and I can only describe my feelings thus:
    - excitement! I may have found the answer!
    - anger! Because I have wasted so much time and money on chiropractors, physios, etc etc etc - you guys know the drill. Thank goodness I didn't opt for the complete Jaw Replacement surgery I was offered!!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

lazydaisy you are at the right place -- welcome aboard. Go through the whole program and make sure to ask all the questions you can ok.
    Bless you

3. lazydaisy

lazydaisy Peer Supporter

Thanks Eric. I am so pleased to have found this place and all the wonderfully supportive people who have helped me so much already.

4. Richsimm22

Richsimm22 Well known member

5. lazydaisy

lazydaisy Peer Supporter

Hi again Rich, thanks for the link, off to read it now.

6. Richsimm22

Richsimm22 Well known member

Excellent. I did Alan gordons recovery program before I started the SEP. I think it sets you up pretty well at the start. Also dont get too obsessive and worry if you dont think your gonna get time later to read stuff you need to or journal about. I did at the start and it doesnt help as its just another worry adding to your symptoms. Its much better I think to do it at a calm and steady pace so everything sinks in better. So if it takes you an extra 10 or 15 days to finish the course then so be it.

Here is the link to Alan Gordens recovery program. It only took me a couple of hours. Its not long but its amazingly good.

http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/TMS_Recovery_Program