1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Griffin, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Griffin

Griffin New Member

Begin Writing Your Own Story: Receiving support from other people in your recovery can help you gain understanding and clear up any issues that may arise. The first step in doing this involves making a thread post about where you are right now in your treatment.
    I am on day 1. I have viewed the 20/20 video.
    Write a short post about the level of acceptance you have of the TMS diagnosis, and of any doubts or worries you may have at this point.
    I am fairly certain a lot of my pain is caused by this TMS diagnosis. I have doubts about my ability to confront my emotions. Right now I feel sick to my stomach.

Question To Ponder
    What would a life without TMS mean to you?
    I have never been an athletic person but I have enjoyed hobbies that require physical activity. It would mean I could pursue those hobbies will no fear of my inability to complete them. I like to repurpose, refinish and fix up things around my house.

G.R. likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Griffin. You've started on a fantastic journey, not only to healing your pain, but to knowing
    more about yourself and others than you ever imagined. TMS study leads us into a healthier, happier life,
    physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

I hope you will spend some time reading the reviews of Dr. Sarno's book, Healing Back Pain,
    you will find at amazon.com books. They are testimonials from many people who followed its advice
    to heal their pain. Also read the book, and the book by Steve Ozanich, The Great Pain Deception.

Keep in mind that recognizing your repressed emotions is the first big step toward healing.
    Then forgive yourself and those who may have caused you distress or anxiety.
    Your repressed emotions will very likely go back to your childhood, as Dr. Sarno says in his book.
    You may think you had no problems back then, but you are probably repressing them.

Recognize, accept, then forgive, and let go. This is the TMS way to heal.

G.R. and Griffin like this.
  3. Griffin

Griffin New Member

Thank you. I appreciate your response and the words of encouragement.

4. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Griffin, I wish you well!!! I totally agree with Walt's advise. You are well on your way.
    G.R.

Griffin likes this.