1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by NotMyRealName, Feb 9, 2014.

1. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName New Member

OK, I'm gonna give this a try. Conventional and alternative medicines have nothing left to offer me after 12+ years of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome--years of medical tests and prescriptions that left me feeling worse.

In my early 40's I was in fantastic shape. I lifted weights 3 times a week and did yoga twice a week, my body fat ratio was in the low 20's (great for a woman), and I was doing well at my job. Then over time my job became more demanding and my easy access to fitness facilites disappeared, and I gradually stopped working out.

When I later tried to restart a workout program, the pain was unbearable. I began seeing a rheumatologist, who diagnosed fibromyalgia after myriad tests. My health continued to decline, and then I had a life-threatening bout of C.Diff. which kept me out of work for months. We discovered quite by accident through a blood test that I also have a rare immune deficiency -- Common Variable Immune Deficiency (CVID). I was sent to an immunologist who started me on intravenous immunoglobulin treatments, which made me very sick for several days after each monthly treatment.

By this time (and up to the present) I have had an intermittent Family Medical Leave in place at work, which is the only reason I still have a job, as I have been absent as much as 12 weeks total a year. I have been considering pursuing disability.

Later I went to a different immunologist for a second opinion, and he discontinued the immunoglobulin treatments. There was really no reason for me to have them since they are for the prevention of recurrent infections, which I was not having. He had nothing to offer for the fatigue, however, which is considered a common side effect of CVID.

So here I am, in my mid-50's, partially disabled. I do believe that repressed anger may play a large role in my illnesses, as I was raised in a very dysfunctional home and have had significant stressful circumstances in my adult life as well. My personality type also fits what Dr. Sarno has described. At this point I'm still not clear on how the magic is supposed to occur, but I'm ready to start the journey.

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome aboard NotMyRealName. That is an excellent pick for a name. Wait am I talking to the real you since this couldn't be your real name. Ok I had to say that but anyway yes you will soon see a whole new world that you never knew existed. Now its time to start living again. Everything you said sounds like TMS to me and I have never heard of tms healing hurting anything. Its all good medicine from truth to your mindbody and spirit. Bless You

PS - the main magic or a part of it is to get you to slow your thinking down enough so you can enjoy the present moment ok. Thought I'd give you a sneak peek. :)