1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by LindaRK, Feb 6, 2014.

1. LindaRK

LindaRK Well known member

Diagnosed with degenerative disc disease in 2006, as well as IBS. Have had GAD for over 35 years. I KNOW I have TMS. I've read lots of books (all of Sarno's), literature, and have been "lurking" on this website for probably over a year. I've finally decided to take the plunge! For some reason (only my limbic brain knows), I just couldn't give myself permission to help myself, despite the ongoing pain. My pain has mostly been focused on lower/mid back, but moves around, moreso in the past year or so. After a second visit to my "back doc" several years ago, he mentioned that "no one really knows why some people experience excruciating pain with your diagnosis, while others don't" ..... that's all I needed to hear. I started reading Sarno's books and finally, here I am.

yb44 likes this.
  2. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome to the forum, Linda and I'm glad you decided to give yourself permission and de-lurk. You and everyone else deserves to heal. I was also diagnosed with degenerative disc disease this past summer. Grey hair of the spine, as Dr Sarno calls it. The doctor I saw reassuringly told me that the vast majority of people walking past on the street could be scanned and would turn up a similar diagnosis.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Glad you are joining us, Linda. You'll find lots of support and wisdom from many knowledgeable people who have gone through the same kinds of struggles. Keep us posted on your progress.

welcomea

4. LindaRK

LindaRK Well known member

Looking forward to success! Thanks for the encouragement!