1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Josbre2014, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Josbre2014

Josbre2014 New Member

I have never been officially diagnosed with anything specific regarding the pain I've experienced for the past 20+ years. One doctor told me years ago that I had a little bit of carpal tunnel, tendonitis and arthritis. This past year during an annual physical my doctor advised he thinks I may have rheumatoid arthritis because I also have dry and irritated eyes which he stated was a sympton of rheumatoid arthritis. Since I've always had issues with my eyes and had pain in various forms most or all of my life I thought he had nailed it down. During some recent research I was doing on the internet my symptoms of pain just didn't seem to fit rheumatoid arthritis and I came across some information on fibromyalgia. The more I read the more I realized that the symptoms I was reading about were describing me exactly. It was that same evening during my research that I found TMS. It's like a veil has been lifted.

2. Dahlia

Dahlia Well known member

Hello Josbre and I know the feeling. When I found Dr. Sarno it was like a lightning strike, an awakening. I hope that you find people and tools on this forum to help you on your journey.

3. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome Josbre! I was diagnosed with fibro after YEARS of symptom chasing.

TMS knowledge has given me my life back.

Don't have much time right now...mainly just wanted to welcome you. :)