1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Sanghagirl82, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Sanghagirl82

Sanghagirl82 Peer Supporter

I am starting on the 1st day of the year, purely by coincidence. I've been reading voraciously since I got the book BACK IN CONTROL before Christmas. I have so many strange symptoms I have wondered if this was in my head in the past. But traditional therapy did nothing to help. I believe I have TMS... But sometimes a symptom will pop up and I feel fearful and doubtful. I can see how repetition and reinforcement are crucial.

I live in north county San Diego. Are there any others on this journey? Perhaps we could study together and support each other. Not a complaining session, more of an inspiration group!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I hope you find someone in your area to work with on TMS but if not, the forums are where many people post
    about their symptoms and recovery. Look at the different forums and you'll soon find people who are like you
    and are sharing their journey to healing.

It's most important to believe 100 percent that your pain is from a repressed emotion. First get a physical checkup to rule out anything structural, then do the journaling to discover your hidden emotions.

The TMSWiki is a worldwide "inspiration group." Welcome!

3. Sanghagirl82

Sanghagirl82 Peer Supporter

Thanks Glen. Yes, I have an appointment with Dr. Schecter in a few weeks. I believe the forims will be helpful. Thank you for your kindness and thoughtfulness.