1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by mmo4, Oct 8, 2013.

1. mmo4

mmo4 Peer Supporter

I am convinced that the Sarno/TMS program will work. My only thought is that I might need some therapy to make it happen. I have had piriformis for 4 months and then after starting PT 3 weeks ago, the pain got much worse. I had 4 kids without pain meds which was easy because I knew the pain would go away! This back pain is trickier.

I am going to pledge to do the following:
    1) do the program each day-learn about TMS and get to/express those subconscious emotions
    2)Wean off the various treatments: PT, acupuncture, advil
    3)set aside time each day for the program and then have a normal day. I think if I treat myself like an invalid, that's what I will be.
    4)ONLY focus on the success stories

Things I notice already:
    1) I notice that when I am truly engaged in an activity, I do not feel/notice the pain as much.
    2)I feel more pain when stressed- so it must be TMS and not a structural thing right?
    3) I think that the subconscious mind looks for clues from your behavior-engaging in lots of physical treatments, talking a lot about the physical pain, obsessing on it makes your subconscious think something is wrong and this adds to the fear/pain. Good luck to everyone!

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

mmo4- I feel more pain when stressed- so it must be TMS and not a structural thing right?

Eric) Yes it is tms, that's a good connection, feeling the pain when you know your stressed
    is saying your using awareness-
    I think your doing great, hang in there, stay with your protocol and keep those days coming.

Bless you