1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jennlehr, Oct 5, 2013.

1. jennlehr

jennlehr New Member

I am new here, I am trying to recover from knee pain that is not subsiding despite all types of doctors being "done with me"/ i have read Dr. Sarno's book a couple of times, and accept that basic premise, but am having difficulty "applying" the priciples to my life. I am not sure what underlying emotional distress i am repressing or how to hone in on it... my pain is being caused by "real" things such as cold temps. weather, and foods i eat, so i cant see how it is only manifesting itself when i am stressed or angry. I am currently not working outside the home and have what should be (and i consider to be) a stress free life. so i need help identifying the :'culprit"

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

It's good to do some deep thinking about what our TMS repressed emotion(s) might be, and journal about them,
    but if we don't think we've uncovered the one or more that are causing our unconscious mind to give us pain,
    Dr. Sarno says not to worry because our unconscious already knows what those emotions are. We just have to
    believe our pain is caused by them.

"Believe and you will heal."

Because you mention that you believe your pain is being caused by some real things such as cold weather and foods
    you eat, you're not telling your unconscious you believe in TMS 100 percent. I withheld about 10 percent while
    my back pain persisted, and didn't go away until I began to believe 100 percent that it was psychological andd
    not structural.

3. jennlehr

jennlehr New Member

Thanks I am really trying to focus on that, I'm also reading the divided mind, and journaling,but I am not an angry or resentful person by nature, so this is gonna involve going very deep indeed!!

4. jennlehr

jennlehr New Member

And re you saying that whenever the pain comes, I try to link it to something I am feeling deep down t tht moment???