1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Shawn S, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Shawn S

Shawn S New Member

I am feeling very optimistic in my journey right now. I have no trouble believing in the TMS theory like I see some people. I have seen sucess already in treating shoulder and trap pain and I am using the program to finish my journey by ending my back pain and getting back to martial arts. Up until now I have taken the wrong approach with my back and it finally clicked for me like it did with the other parts. I am very comfortable where I am now and am done trying to force this. I have been very hard on myself.

I am hoping to connect with some people here, since this has been a long lonely journey so far.

2. Lori

Lori Well known member

Glad to hear you are already having success! :)

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Shawn and Lori.
    It's great to know, Shawn, that you are having some success with your shoulder and trap pain (I don't know what that is).,
    and that you have a firm believe that your pain is from TMS.

Be patient with the healing programs and not try to rush the healing.

Take a look at the posts for anything on your pains and reply them. That will help you connect to others with similar symptoms. and learn how
    they're dealing with them.

4. Endless luke

Endless luke Well known member

Walt,
    Trap pain is pain in the trapezius muscles which run between the shoulders and neck- a near universal symptom in TMS patients.

“It has been found that in 99 percent of patients with TMS there is pain on palpation of varying degrees on both sides (bilateral) of the lateral upper buttock, deep in the lumbar paraspinal muscles and the upper trapezius muscles (the top of the shoulders). Once more, this is so regardless of the major site of pain.”

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  5. mstlymebutmstlyu

mstlymebutmstlyu New Member

Yes I have debilitating pain and spasm in the buttocks and lumbar para spinal muscles. Trapped pain indeed 2 months :(

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.